At the Ankrum Institute, we teach bodywork practitioners to work with the body’s natural intelligence and health. Unlike massage therapy or other modalities that simply ease or manage pain symptoms, our program trains bodywork practitioners to resolve core issues for their clients. It’s a holistic approach to integrated health that involves not just the site of the pain, but all the systems of the body — moving clients toward sustainable wellness.
Become a Certified Bodywork Practitioner with the Ankrum Institute!
Flexible, Accessible, Cost-Effective 500-Hour Program with a Personal Touch
- Trainings happen every other month for four days, 14 modules total
- Pay per module or all at once
- Lifetime access to downloadable videos of lectures and demonstrations
- Private Facebook group for each training class
- Skills and understanding to help you grow your existing health and wellness business or launch a new career
About our Founder and Director
Leigh Ankrum, CNMT, CSST is a bodywork practitioner with 32 years of experience in teaching and private practice. After decades of training around the world, she has brought together multiple modalities into one comprehensive, paradigm-shifting program that takes students through every system of the body in just over two years. Her knowledge of anatomy and physiology is deepened by her holistic understanding of the body’s organizing principles.
Leigh’s training includes:
- Canadian College of Osteopathy (Vancouver, BC) — Five-Year Training Program
- Hakomi Institute (Boulder, CO) — Sensory Motor Psychotherapy
- Karuna Institute (Devon, England) — Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
- Pre- and Perinatal Birth Issues
- Shea Myofascial and Visceral Manipulation
- Neuromuscular Massage Therapy (Chicago, IL)
- Guild for Structural Integration (Rolfing) (Boulder, CO)
- Neuroanatomical Dissection: Human Brain and Spinal Cord (Marquette University)
What Our Students Are Saying
I feel I wasn't prepared for the complexities of working with the body before I studied with Leigh. Now I feel I'm on my way to a growing understanding of the role we as bodywork practitioners play in facilitating the healing process.
Craniosacral therapy had always been fascinating to me and after having classes with another school, I am sure that Leigh's approach is more informed and allows for more individualized treatment that is based on client needs.
Leigh's approach is much deeper in teaching and in working. There is a bigger picture about how the body works and why we can't just work on one system to achieve healing.
I already had massage school under my belt, but if I would have had the chance to compare in the past, I would have studied with Leigh first
The schedule was a big piece as I needed a school that could work around my hectic work and family life. The cost is also affordable and I love that we can pay as we go!
I chose the Ankrum Institute because of the outside-of-the-box thinking. The approach Leigh teaches us applies many different techniques and modalities that she has researched and been certified in to bring us tools that have been effective in her practice. Leigh also has us understanding that the treatment plan is in each individual body, rather than doing a formulaic series of techniques, a standard deep tissue, etc. Each client feels listened to and heard about their issues.